Friday, October 19, 2007

a basketful of mini albums & caramel popcorn!




So, I put some of my mini albums in a basket and they look pretty! I just love all the color. All ready for someone to pick them up and look at all the wonderful memories I have scrapbooked. I have another idea for some other mini albums.

My Mom just told me that I may have to have Thanksgiving at my house this year if Suzie's house sells! There will be less people this year - I think about 19 of us all together. I told her that was fine but that I really did not want to make the turkey. It really is not my speciality. I told her I would make all the vegeys, mash potatoes, pumpkin pies, pecan pies, ect..., but a big turkey, even in the cooking bag, never turns out good for me. She also told me that my dad just booked a flight for my sister, Olgie, to come down and visit from New York for Thanksgiving as her kids will be with their dad this year.
I have the week of thanksgiving off each year and this year Charlie and the girls do too! I usually shop, plan Chelsey's birthday, get my house ready for Christmas (my absolute favorite holiday!!), finish planning my cookie exchange, etc.., but this year we are planning on painting the outside of house too. And, now, maybe Thanksgiving dinner! Well, at least Thanksgiving is early this year!

Tonight, Chelsey and I made caramel popcorn! So good and easy! I got this recipe from a family friend of my husbands at one of my bridal showers - over 21 years ago - and we all still love it. Very Yummy!!!

Caramel Popcorn

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup while sugar
1/4 cup karo syrup (I prefer dark)
1/2 cup margarine or butter

Melt above ingredients over medium heat and then high until very bubbly and thick; remove from heat and stir in 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. Pour immediately over two batches of popcorn. (I pop mine in an air popper!) Cool and then store in an airtight container.

You can also form the caramel popcorn into popcorn balls and wrap!

Enjoy!!



5 comments:

Fibo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The albums look so pretty in the basket!!!
WOW!!! 19 people for Thanksgiving!!!
And the popcorn recipe looks yummy!!!

vintage girl at heart said...

okay so where is that new post???? i am bored here.......

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea to display your mini albums, especially with the holidays coming. Mini albums should be accessible not stuffed in a shelf somewhere and this is a perfect and pretty solution.

Anonymous said...

aha! I realized there was a link to older posts at the bottom of the page. I love the basket of mini albums, i's so pretty in and of itself. I just love looking at your pages...each one is so intricate and lovely. It's amazing to really look at each one and notice layer upon layer of what went into it- you are an artisit indeed.